|John Sheffield Philatelist Ltd.|
|TERMS OF SALE|
1.All lots in this auction are sold without reserve to the highest bidder. In the case of tie bids, the first bid received wins the lot. The decision of the auctioneer will be final shall a dispute arise. A 12.5% buyers premium will be added to the hammer price of each lot and is payable by the purchaser as part of the total purchase price. Bid with confidence; your bid will be executed at the lowest price competition allows.
2. Terms of sale are strictly payment upon receipt of invoice. All lots sold are subject to Federal and Provincial taxes, as appropriate. The minimum acceptable bid on each lot in this auction is $10.
3. Successful mail and on-line bidders will be notified of their purchases and lots forwarded upon receipt of payment. Payment must be made within three days of receipt of invoice. Interest of 2% per month will be charged on all accounts past 30 days. Please Note: New bidders, bidders unknown to us, and on-line bidders must provide a valid Visa or Mastercard number with expiry date, or PayPal, at the time of bidding. All bids submitted through our web site or via email must be placed prior to 5:00 p.m. the day prior to the auction.
4. Postage, registration, insurance, and handling cost will be charged to successful bidders.
5. All lots are sold as genuine and as described. Should a lot be misdescribed, you may return the lot intact within three days of receipt. No photographed lot may be returned for reasons of centering, cancellation, or condition of perforations. Stamps described as average or faulty may not be returned. No lot may returned by persons having the opportunity to view the material prior to the sale. Floor bidders may not return lots. Returns will not be accepted from bidders who used an agent to execute bids. Any lot containing 10 or more stamps may not be returned for any reason. Except for item number 6 below, returns will not be accepted for any reason following 30 days of sale.
6. Should a purchaser wish to submit an item for expertization, the auctioneer must be notified prior to the sale and the lot paid for in full at the time of sale. If the lot proves to be other than described, the purchase price will be refunded in full. All costs of expertization will be borne by the purchaser. If a negative opinion is received we will refund a maximum of $30 of the expertization fee. The inability of an expert committee to provide an opinion is insufficient reason for the return of the item.
7. All bids are executed in Canadian currency. Other currencies accepted at the rate of exchange as at the date of sale.
8. All catalogue numbers and values are retail prices from the current Scott catalogues unless otherwise noted. Unitrade Canada Specialized values are used for Canada and B.N.A. without the premium for never hinged added.
9. Bidding Increments: Bids are accepted as follows. Bids not conforming will be reduced to the nearest increment. Our increments are $2 up to $50; $5 from $50 to $100; $10 from $100 to $200; $25 from $200 to $500; $50 from $500 to $1,000; above $1,000 at the discretion ofthe auctioneer.
Placing of a bid constitutes acceptance of the foregoing terms of sale.